Tuesday 1 June 2010

Juneathon: Day 1

Think stress of Juneathon must be getting to me already, as lousy run today. Felt like someone had stolen legs and replaced with lumps of lead. Should say, "felt even more like that than usually feel". Ran along to small and overgrown local park, round small and overgrown park, back past my house, seriously considered going into my house for a nice cup of tea and abandoning rest of run, but forced myself on and managed to complete a measly 3 miles.

Decided to relieve monotony of daily blogging by uploading photos of interesting things I see on my runs, then remembered I never do see anything interesting on my runs except the occasional llama, so here's the dilapidated monument from the small and overgrown park. But it's been there for 113 years so I suppose it can be forgiven a bit of dilapidation.


I know it does look a bit like a headstone but happily I haven't died yet. Still 29 days to go, though.

Distance: 3.16
Time: 32:05
Splits: 11:36 (including photography time, think I accidentally turned off the auto pause on my Garmin), 9:52, 9:19
Average pace: 10:09

2 comments:

  1. Well done on day 1! Nice to know I'm not the only one who had a lousy first run.

    Good luck for tomorrow

    ReplyDelete