Sunday 27 June 2010

Juneathon: Day 27

Eight mile run this evening - it felt far too hot to run earlier in the day, although I may well have to do so in next week's race. Just hoping next Sunday isn't a scorcher. Anyway, ran three miles along the old railway line to Duthie Park, once round the park, back up the railway line (where I saw a very cute hedgehog at the edge of the path along with the usual many rabbits) and a bit further along in the other direction before turning back towards home. Also on the subject of wildlife, as invariably happens on evening runs, quantities of suicidally inclined small insects decided to do kamikaze dives into my eyes, up my nose, etc. Really must remember to wear glasses. Or a surgical mask, or something.

Anyway, even on a coolish evening and on a flattish route, tonight's eight miles felt like hard work. Don't know how I'm going to manage next week when it's hotter (probably), hillier and further. Well, there's not much else I can do now... as long as I finish within the cut-off time, and don't have to be picked up by the famous sweeper vehicle and ignominiously transported to the finish line, I'll be satisfied.

Also tried another energy gel tonight, not because I really really needed one but just to see how my body reacted to it, as last time I got a possibly coincidental upset stomach later that day. I took it - or about half of it, probably - after around 5.5 miles. Feel OK so far, although I can't say I noticed a massive improvement in my energy levels.

My black toenail has now turned blue - not sore any more, though. Maybe I should paint the others to match?

Oh, and I've just passed the 100-miles-in-a-month mark, for the first time ever. Woohoo!

Distance: 8.23 miles
Time: 1:21:26
Splits:
  • 9:50
  • 9:27
  • 9:41
  • 9:41
  • 10:12
  • 10:30 (this involved a bit of walking and gel-opening/eating)
  • 10:11
  • 9:56
  • 1:58
Average pace: 9:54

Total Juneathon distance run so far: 107.64 miles
Total Juneathon running time so far: 17:38:52
Juneathon days completed: 27/30

No comments:

Post a Comment