Tuesday 29 June 2010

Juneathon: Day 29

Maybe Juneathon is catching up with me, or maybe it's just the weather, but feeling absolutely knackered today and decided to defer the planned 5-miler till tomorrow. Did a very slow, very short, undulating 1.3 miles instead, and still got ridiculously hot and sweaty. Dear weather gods, please, please can we have a cool day on Sunday? Please?

Can't quite believe Juneathon is nearly over, and I've run every day. I will miss it, but I'm glad it's finishing now because I think my legs really need a few days' rest before Sunday's race. Plan to run tomorrow, rest on Thursday, easy run on Friday, rest on Saturday, and am hoping that will leave me feeling reasonably fresh on Sunday.

All things considered, though (and this may be tempting fate), I'm surprised by how well my body has held up to daily running. Admittedly, a high proportion of the runs were pretty short ones, but there were plenty of long ones too, and aside from the normal aches and pains I haven't really had any problems. A few twinges in my ankle caused brief concern, but nothing to get worked up about, and the knee twinges which I had a few months back haven't recurred at all this month. Definitely think using the foam roller on my calves has helped loosen things up, too, even if it does hurt like hell. Which it does.

Incidentally, the route my Garmin apparently thought I ran today was way off - it had me starting my run at the top of the road, running through people's houses, through hedges and across the river before finally settling down. I'm sure I didn't really do that.

One day to go!

Distance: 1.31 miles
Time: 14:11
Splits: 11:04, 3:06
Average pace: 10:50

Total Juneathon distance run so far: 112.14 miles
Total Juneathon running time so far: 18:23:34

No comments:

Post a Comment