Wednesday 30 June 2010

Juneathon: Day 30!

And so endeth Juneathon 2010. It's been brilliant. Challenging, yes, but in a good way, and I'm pretty sure my running has improved (admittedly I might not be saying that when I disgrace myself in Sunday's half marathon).

I'm glad of a rest, though. No idea how Ron Hill has managed to run every day for 856 years or however long it's now been.

Things I have learnt:

1. Even when I really, really don't feel like going out for a run, I nearly always forget about that as soon as I'm out there, and I'm ALWAYS very glad I went.
2. I'm very lucky to live somewhere with nice places to run (and indeed to be able to run at all) and I should appreciate it more.
3. Foam rolling is fab. Though painful.
4. Audiofuel is also fab, not painful and really helps!
5. There are loads of really nice people involved in Juneathon, most of whom are far better at (a) running and (b) blogging than me. Thanks to everyone who has given me advice and encouragement, it is all much appreciated! And of course thanks to JogBlog for organising it and the independent adjudicator for independently adjudicating.

Juneathon firsts:

- 10k race PB (8th June along the beachfront, wet and windy)
- training PBs at every distance from 1 to 11 miles
- most miles logged in a month (116)
- most miles logged in a week (29, last week)
- first black toenail

I'm glad it was a Juneathon and not a Decemberathon though because nearly all my runs have had to be late in the evening and I would never have managed in the dark and the snow and the freezing cold.

Today did 4 miles round and about, up some hills, down some hills, etc. Music: Audiofuel, the Jam, XTC. (Strangely, just as the song got to "the church bells softly chime" bit, I was running past the church and the bells did indeed start to chime, though not, it has to be said, particularly softly.)

Distance: 4.08 miles
Time: 39:54
Splits:
  • 10:18
  • 10:03
  • 9:20
  • 9:24
Average pace: 9:47

Total Juneathon distance run: 116.22 miles
Total Juneathon running time: 19:03:28
Average Juneathon pace: 9:50

Juneathon days completed: 30/30 Yay!!!


5 comments:

  1. Woo-hoo! Well done, excellent mileage there! I always wonder that about Ron Hill and all those other streakers, don't they ever get ill or have babies?

    I look forward to seeing how your half goes, best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done. It is a fantastic achievement to have run every day

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your first black toe nail. That's got to be the proudest bit. Just wait til it falls off!! Well done, great stats and good luck for Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I am particularly proud of my black toenail. :)

    Thanks for all the good wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 116 miles - and 30 days straight a fantastic result well done!!!
    and I'm hoping learning 1 will hold true for me in about 20 minutes! X

    ReplyDelete