Saturday 26 June 2010

Juneathon: Day 26

Surprised myself on today's run - an easy three miles along the railway line (longer one planned for tomorrow). Wasn't pushing myself at all - expecting to do around 10 minute mile pace - and was taken aback to notice that I had done the first mile in 9:01. The second mile felt a little slower and I was completely amazed to find I had done it in 8:58. I actually did wonder if my Garmin was broken. But it would seem not. Third mile, I thought I'm not going to push it, I'll just take it easy, and it was another 8:58. So, three miles, without consciously pushing myself at all, in an average pace of 8:59... looks like I really am getting faster.

Distance: 3:01 miles
Time: 27:03
Splits: 9:01, 8:58, 8:58
Average pace: 8:59

Total Juneathon distance run so far: 99.41 miles
Total Juneathon running time so far: 16:17:26
Juneathon days completed: 26/30
Average Juneathon pace: 9:50

1 comment:

  1. Looks as if Juneathon is working its magic.

    More miles leads to easier miles

    well done

    ReplyDelete