Thursday 17 June 2010

Juneathon: Day 17

Continuing this week's general theme of bizarre car stuff, I received a letter from a distant council demanding I pay £120 for a motoring offence committed by someone who is not me, driving a car which is not mine, in a place to which I have never been (although apparently Jogblog was born there). I have to write to them explaining why I don't think I should have to pay this £120. Where to begin....?

Later, got in a panic about impending half marathon and went out to force myself up some hills - didn't have time for a longer run today, but managed 25 minutes. On the downhill last half mile I thought I'd have a go at running at seven-minute-mile pace, just to see what it felt like. Well, I can confirm it feels - for me - uncomfortably fast, even downhill. How anyone can run marathons, or 10k's for that matter, or any distance at all really, at a considerably faster pace than that is beyond me. Then accidentally trod on a large stone which someone had considerately left in the middle of the pavement and narrowly avoided doing something unpleasant to my ankle. That'll teach me to look where I'm going.

Distance: 2.5 miles
Time: 25:31
Splits:
  • 11:09
  • 9:49
  • 4:34
Average pace: 10:12 (quite pleased with this given the hilliness of the route, although I guess it was lowered ever so slightly by the microsecond during which I ran at seven-minute-mile pace)

Total Juneathon distance run so far: 66.81 miles
Total Juneathon running time so far: 11:01:55
Juneathon days completed: 17/30

1 comment:

  1. Good work on those Juneathon stats. Looks like you'll be absolutely fine for your Half Marathon! I have a 10k planned for the same day. I doubt my legs could handle a half by the time this painful month is finished

    ReplyDelete