Wednesday 16 June 2010

Juneathon: Day 16

Over halfway and onto the home straight. :)

Decidedly dodgy stomach in the middle of the night last night and again this morning, and in fact all day. Did wonder if horrible energy gel was implicated, though it seems unlikely I can blame it for upsetting my stomach twelve hours later. Seems a coincidence, though, as usually have cast iron stomach. Not sure whether to try again next week or try something else. I did buy a packet of something called "Ride Shots" (I think they're meant for cyclists, but don't see why runners can't use them) after seeing them in Holland & Barrett, so might give them a go, and will also get some jelly beans as suggested by Eating Trees and Iliketocount. Got to be tastier than the gel. (PS, just read article in magazine - not an advert - stating that these exact gels come in a "range of tasty flavours". I don't know what the writer's usual diet can be like if they seriously consider that sugary, medicine-like monstrosity, which shall remain nameless, a tasty flavour.)

Other new thing I did yesterday was to try out my new foam roller on my sore calves. OW. And again OW. Instructions say "Pause at any tender spots". Um, what are you meant to do if entire lower leg is composed of tender spots? Is, in fact, one large (not THAT large, thank you) tender spot? Strangely satisfying, however, in an AAAAARGH THAT HURTS kind of way, and calves are not at all sore today.

Various other aches and pains have started to pop up, though, most noticeably a pain on the top of my left foot. I made the mistake of googling "pain on top of foot" and, inevitably, immediately wished I hadn't. Well, it's not too bad, so I'm adopting a policy of ignoring it at the moment. Also got a black toenail on the other foot, and then proceeded to stub it painfully on a table leg this morning, so that's a bit sore as well.

What with dodgy stomach and sore feet and whatnot I didn't feel hugely like running today, but finally made it out of the house for a very short and easy run after yesterday's 11 miles (though it did include a couple of short, but steep, hills), and my tum behaved itself and I forgot about the sore feet after the first couple of minutes, so all is well.

Distance: 1.54 miles
Time: 16:51
Splits: 11:03, 5:48
Average pace: 10:57 (this might actually be my slowest ever average pace...)

Total Juneathon distance run so far: 64.31 miles
Total Juneathon running time so far: 10:36:24
Juneathon days completed: 16/30

No comments:

Post a Comment