Friday 18 June 2010

Juneathon: Day 18

Well, looks like I am definitely getting faster :)

After watching some football, about which the less said the better, headed out in the near darkness for a 5k run at tempo pace, which I managed in the record-breaking (for me) time of 27:09. To put this in perspective, it's the first time I've ever managed more than one consecutive sub-9 minute mile, or had an average pace of under 9 minutes.

Maybe Juneathon is working.

Distance: 3.34 miles (5.37 km)
Time: 29:14
Splits:
  • 8:52
  • 8:42
  • 8:53
  • 2:47
Average pace: 8:45

Total Juneathon distance run so far: 70.15 miles
Total Juneathon running time so far: 11:31:09
Juneathon days completed: 18/30

3 comments:

  1. I just did almost exactly the same thing! I wonder how many others stayed in to watch the football, then wished they hadn't bothered, then went for their run?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, speedy. I've only ever done one sub-9 minute mile and that was on a treadmill.

    Well done, and keep going, there's not many people running and blogging every day still.

    ReplyDelete
  3. To go from one to three consecutive sub 9 min miles is a big leap forward. Well done

    ReplyDelete