Saturday 19 June 2010

Juneathon: Day 19

It's nice to be over halfway through the Juneathon experience. (Yes, I know the halfway point was actually a few days ago, my maths isn't that bad.) I don't know about anyone else but I always find the halfway point to be psychologically important on my long runs, as that's the point where I can start thinking I now have less distance yet to run than distance already completed. (In fact I sometimes start doing complicated sums in my head about percentage completed and percentage still to go. Yes, it's an interesting place inside my head.)

Anyway, today I decided to weigh myself, which I very rarely ever do because I'm not really all that fascinated with how much I weigh, and I'm not overweight although I am a few pounds heavier than I used to be (I blame turning forty, although I suppose having a baby might have had something to do with it as well), and after all I didn't take up running to lose weight, which is just as well because I never do seem to lose any. Even running every day for Juneathon. You would think that a person who is running every day would weigh less than the same person doing no exercise at all (i.e. me, about 18 months ago) but this does not seem to follow. Suppose I must eat more than I think I do.

Just a short run tonight, though involving a couple of steepish, if thankfully short, hills.

Distance: 1.72 miles
Time: 17:25
Splits: 10:18, 07:06
Average pace: 10:08

Total Juneathon miles so far: 71.87 miles
Total Juneathon running time so far: 11:56:76
Juneathon days completed: 19/30

3 comments:

  1. Hi - nice blog! Good luck with the rest of Juneathon, I'm beginning to feel it in the legs myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am the same i really thought the amount of exercise i have been doing would see a shift in weight, but no!! have lost a couple of inches off my thighs though:) Keep it up you you must be so much itter than you were at the start .

    ReplyDelete
  3. *fitter, I have a sticky F !!!

    ReplyDelete