Monday 31 May 2010

Juneathon ahoy

So, this whole Juneathon thing kicks off tomorrow. Eep. A month of running every day, or, if not running, some other kind of exercise, but preferably running. And there are prizes! Strange footwear, and running music.

My plan, if you can dignify it with such a name, is this: I'm currently following a half marathon training programme from this book (only five weeks to go! Double eep) which involves running 3-4 times a week. What I propose to do is intersperse those runs with very slow, very easy runs on the remaining days. I might go to the gym for some of these and do a bit on the treadmill and a bit of other gym stuff (really need to start getting my money's worth from the gym).

Anticipated challenges will be (a) finding the time, in between work and 3-year-old daughter commitments, since I can't really run with my daughter, or not very far anyway (though we did do fartleks around the reservoir together recently) and don't suggest putting her in the buggy because she (i) weighs a ton and (ii) won't go in it anyway, (b) remaining motivated and not too knackered and/or injured (the easy runs will need to be really easy because I'm not used to running every day), and (c) remembering to blog the whole thing.

Desired outcomes are that (a) I get super-fit and find the half marathon a breeze (this won't happen); (b) I win all the prizes and widespread acclaim from the online running community for my amazing achievement (this also won't happen); (c) I manage to do something every day and survive intact (this may, if I'm lucky, actually happen, though I very much doubt it).

Bring it on!

Oh, World Cup teams still available...

No comments:

Post a Comment