Wednesday 26 May 2010

World Cup 2010 Sweepstake - join now!

So, I'm running (staggering/crawling) the Stonehaven Half Marathon in July and the Loch Ness Marathon in October, both for Marie Curie Cancer Care. Because continually asking people for money without offering anything in return except a warm glow of virtuousness can get a bit tedious for all concerned, I came up with this hopefully fabulous, or at least topical, idea, viz. a World Cup sweepstake. Yay!

Basically the idea is that participants make a donation on my JustGiving page (any amount welcome, but I think the minimum JustGiving donation is £2) and are randomly allocated a team from this year's World Cup. I'm afraid you'll just have to trust me on the randomness of the allocation, but what I'll do is write the name of each team on a bit of paper and get my three-year-old daughter to pull them out of a hat as required. Or a bag, or a shoe, or something. Then, when the whole thing is done and dusted, the football-fest is over and the TV schedules more or less back to normal, the holders of the winning team and the runner-up will each receive a small prize, chosen and paid for by me (unless I can find a kind donor).

It'll be fun! Well, more fun than hill repeats, anyway. And even if you're not remotely interested in football, you can still bask in the warm glow of virtuousness as mentioned above. If you're in, please leave (a) a donation on my JustGiving page, and (b) a message on the blog, and I'll update this page with participants and teams!

Of course, if you don't want to participate in the sweepstake, you can still donate to Marie Curie Cancer Care by sponsoring me on the link above. Football may not be life and death, but some things are, so please consider giving to this very worthy cause.

It's a big ask but there's still all to play for. Good luck :)

Algeria - Liz
Argentina - Lisa M
Australia - Harry
Brazil - Vicky R
Cameroon
Chile - Ben S
Cรดte d'Ivoire - Ruth F
Denmark
England - Claire C
France - Monica D
Germany
Ghana - Louise M
Greece
Honduras - Louise P
Italy - Greg
Japan
Korea DPR - Judith
Korea Republic - Diane
Mexico
Netherlands - Campbell
New Zealand - Janet
Nigeria
Paraguay - Jackie T
Portugal - Marie B
Serbia - Andy
Slovakia
Slovenia - Zoe
South Africa
Spain - Caroline
Switzerland
United States - Sandra J
Uruguay






No comments:

Post a Comment