Thursday 13 January 2011

Unlucky 13

[rant]
Why is all this ice still here? Why? Why? It's not even *that* cold any more but there are still great bloody lethal sheets of the stuff exactly where I want to run. GRRRR. I blame David Cameron. And Nick Clegg. I'm sure I can find some way of making it their fault if I try hard enough.

I thought I would venture on to the old railway line path today because the last time I attempted a run there was a few days ago and the ice seemed to be retreating slightly and I thought it might have retreated a bit more. But no. It was worse. I was skidding about all over the place, grabbing onto branches, barely managing to stay on my feet, barely managing to avoid bursting into tears at the sheer frustration of the whole enterprise. Saw one other person, a cyclist who was going even more slowly than I was and cursing all the way.

GO AWAY ICE.

(Note to the weather gods: this does not mean I want more snow instead.)

[/rant]

Stats:

Distance: 2.26 miles (had planned 3 or 4 but thought "sod this, I'm going home" after two icy miles)
Time: 22:10 (included much slipping, stumbling, skidding and swearing)
Average pace: 9:48
Total Janathon distance so far: 51.1 miles

2 comments:

  1. I moan about the rain, but atleast I can go out in! It was bad enough trying to avoid the snow for a week. Have you got any local parks or fields you can run safely in?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely not fun trying to run on ice. I find body tightens up and running certainly is NOT smooth and easy as I'm afraid of falling!

    Any other place you could run ... other than the gym?!?

    ReplyDelete