Sunday 30 January 2011

Still lurgified

Still not feeling fabulous today (sore throat, runny nose, blah blah blah) and was hmming and ha-ing about whether to go for a run. I had 10 miles planned for today and I kind of wanted to do it because it was bright and sunny out, though cold, and a lovely day for a run, but on the other hand I kind of didn't feel very energised what with the sore throat and blah blah blah. But then I thought well, it's the second last day of Janathon and it would be a shame to break the streak now, and I don't have to do 10 miles anyway since marathon training hasn't even started yet so I decided to just head out and see how I felt and maybe just do 2 or 3 miles.

Felt OK initially but I noticed my heart rate was right up and thought ooh, maybe that's because I'm not well, only then during the second mile it dropped right down and was much lower than usual, so I thought either I'm so ill I've actually died or else my HRM isn't working properly, and the latter seemed more likely (since I still haven't replaced the battery). So I disregarded the HR info after that and trundled along feeling not too bad really, along the road and up the hill and along the railway line (where I saw LOADS of other runners) and onto the main road and along the main road and down the steps back onto the other bit of railway line and thence home, and finished up doing 7 miles.

Day 30 stats;

Distance: 7.07 miles
Time: 1:09:38
Splits: 10:44, 9:46, 9:49, 9:53, 9:50, 9:3, 9:23
Average pace: 9:51

Total Janathon miles so far: 127.89


2 comments:

  1. Wooooooooooooo! Congrats on 7 miles when you didn't want to do 10 and were only going to do 2 or 3 because of a horrid cold! Yay! And... only 1 more day! woop! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done. That's a great run, especially considering how you were feeling.

    ReplyDelete