Saturday 29 January 2011

Eat, drink, run

Janathon day 28 was a day of much eating and drinking and not much running, since I went out both for my lunch (to Nando's) and my tea (to the local hotel) which is practically unprecedented in one day, and also during the latter had the biggest glass of red wine I've ever seen, which may not sound much to the hardened Janathon drinkers out there (I know you exist) but I am exceedingly poor at drinking these days and felt quite peculiar as a result. Anyway in between these mad whirls of social activity I managed to squeeze in a trip to the gym, which was quite busy, probably because I was there in the early evening rather than at dead of night (10pm) when I usually go, and ran yet another 5k-and-a-bit on the treadmill.

Day 28 stats:

Distance: 3.29 miles
Time: 30:17
Splits: 9:35, 9:07, 9:00, 2:34
Average pace: 9:12

Total Janathon miles so far: 117.59

Incidentally have now surpassed previous highest mileage month of 116 miles which was, amazingly enough, during Juneathon last year.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Woop Woop for most mileage in a month! And good job on squeezing that running in between meals, I for one know how that can feel! I am also not at all a hardened drinker these days and can completly empathise with the large glass of red wine moment too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on the top milage! And 2 more days to go to increase it even further!

    ReplyDelete