Monday 31 January 2011

The End.

It's the end of Janathon! (Boo!) And the beginning of my marathon training! (Yay!)

Janathon has been an enjoyable and enlightening experience. I've loved reading people's blogs and have learned many new and interesting things, particularly about squirrels. I've marvelled at the amazing mileage achieved by some people. And I've loved running every day. It's been easier than I thought, actually, although there have been a few late nights hitting the treadmill when I couldn't get out during the day. But I've managed without *too* much difficulty (admittedly the last couple of days of feeling ill haven't been great) and I definitely feel stronger (even, maybe, very slightly faster) as a result of running every day.

I won't be continuing with daily runs - long-term, they're hard to fit in, and I think once I get well into my marathon training I'll be needing the rest days - but I can honestly say I'll miss them. Even the treadmill ones.

A million thanks to Cathy for superb Janathon organisation, especially as it has expanded so dramatically from previous Juneathons! I think Janathon can definitely be pronounced a success :)

Because I am an idiot, I looked at my marathon schedule this morning and immediately noticed that rather than being for 16 weeks as I had previously thought, it is in fact for 17 weeks. Oops. After a moment's panic I figured out this problem is easily solvable by simply beginning at week 2 instead, especially as week 1 called for a 7 mile run and an interval session, both of which I actually did anyway last week. Phew. Got off the mark today with a 30 minute easy run.


Today's stats
:

Distance: 3.18 miles
Time: 30:24
Pace: 9:34

Dull Janathon statistics:

Total miles run: 131.07
Total running time: 21:12:05
Average pace: 9:42
Races: 2
PBs: 1
Calories burnt: 14,340
Elevation gain: 4,762ft
Longest run: 9.09 miles
Shortest run: 2.22 miles
Janathon days completed: 31/31 yippee!

7 comments:

  1. Well done Sheri! You are an inspiration - I can't believe that NOW you start the marathon training! Enjoy..and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. brilliant mileage sheri, well done. good luck with the marathon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done! Good luck with the marathon training. I'm definitely looking forward to rest days!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done on keeping going throughout January. Good luck with your marathon training!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Sheri... brilliant running and blogging throughout January... Loads of luck with your marathon training... keep us updated every now and then, at least, with how you're getting on :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wanted to leave a message yesterday to say well done and good luck with the marathon training but technology was against me. So here is a slightly late 'well done' on the janathon and 'good luck' with marathon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on a great Janathon effort and fab total mileage. Good luck with your training for your marathon, look forward to reading how you get on :-)

    ReplyDelete