Saturday 22 January 2011

Podcasting

Today's run was soundtracked by the latest episode of Marathon Talk, a podcast by Martin Yelling and, er, another bloke whose name escapes me, which I had heard of but never listened to before. Was quite interesting, featuring a long interview with Liz McColgan (former Commonwealth gold medallist, winner of various marathons), whose place now is just over from where I used to work a few years ago in Carnoustie. (Sometimes known as "Car-snooty" due to it being quite an affluent area.) There are 54 episodes to listen to and they seem to go on forever, over an hour anyway, so that should keep me going for the foreseeable future.

I'm hoping to get out for a longer run tomorrow but today's was just a quick 4-miler. It had been intended as an even quicker 3 miler, but I decided on the spur of the moment, because I'm just such an exciting and spontaneous type, to do something which I for some reason never normally do and turn left up the hill (that'll be the reason) rather than right at a particular junction, and that added a bit more onto the distance. So it finished up as

Distance: 4.19 miles
Time: 39:02
Splits: 10:06, 9:24, 9:22, 8:45, 1:26
Average pace: 9:19

Total Janathon miles run so far: 90.12

4 comments:

  1. I love Marathon Talk...great for long runs and some really inspiring people they interview, great for motivation. Well done on the run!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've reminded me that I need to update my ipod with podcasts... thank you! Well done on the extended run too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done for doing another 4 miler. You are not far off a total of 100 miles for the month - very impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done on your run today - you're not long off the 100 mile mark now too! Great stuff! Good luck with the remaining 9 days! :-)

    ReplyDelete