Wednesday 26 January 2011

Into the final week

Lovely 6.6 mile day 25 run along a route I haven't done for a while - down the hill, over the roundabout, along the river and back up the railway line. It was a beautiful afternoon for a run and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Was quite pleased also to do the first 10k in under an hour, which I thought wasn't bad (a) for a training run which (b) included some (OK, slight) inclines, and (c) also included some stopping to cross the road. My 10k goal for this year is sub-55, though I need to find a race where that might just be doable, since the Balmoral 10k (best known as "the one with that bloody hill in it") certainly isn't going to be it.

It's the last week of Janathon! Though I start my marathon training on the 31st, so I'm not exactly going to be getting a rest from running, even if I won't be doing it every day. I think I'm going to miss running every day, actually. What will I do with all the free time? Well, there's always planks.... I'm now up to a mighty 40 seconds.



Day 25 stats:

Distance: 6.62 miles
Time: 1:03:18
Pace: 9:34
Splits:
* 10:16
* 9:21
* 9:30
* 9:40
* 9:31
* 9:28
* 5:33

Total Janathon miles run so far: 108.89

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to miss running too. Maybe will use the extra time looking for races to enter and being more organised about my running.

    ReplyDelete