Wednesday 19 January 2011

Happy runner

Day 18's Janathon effort was a very pleasant 6.5 mile run around a loop I haven't done for a while - down the old railway line (now largely ice-free, though there were still a few dodgy patches) to Duthie Park, and back up the main road. I took it easy, but was pleased to find that the "hill" (not much of one, really) around halfway which used to terrorise me and send my heart rate skyrocketing when I ran this route as part of my marathon training (even when I was only a few miles into a long run) now seemed like no big deal whatsoever. I did run slower up it, but it didn't feel like particularly hard work. So maybe I am getting fitter. Generally felt good today, particularly in the last couple of miles. I love running on days like this.

Must get my HRM back into action, though. Last time I used it, which was a while ago, it was all over the place and recording silly figures (I seem to remember 240!) and I figured it needed a new battery, but have yet to get around to replacing it. Mission for this week: buy new battery for HRM. ("Putting the battery in" might be too ambitious, I'll settle for buying it...)

Day 18 stats:

Distance: 6.52 miles
Time: 1:04:41
Splits:
* 10:49
* 9:56
* 9:57
* 10:32
* 9:56
* 9:08
* 4:22

Average pace: 9:55

Total Janathon miles run so far: 74.31
Janathon days completed: 18/31

2 comments:

  1. Ofcourse you are getting fitter you have ran everyday in January and done a great total of 74. It feels good doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. well done, it feels great when you know you are getting fitter. I wish I was as fit as I was when I ran a marathon 2 years ago.

    ReplyDelete