Thursday 20 January 2011

Parklife

Very pleasant trot around Hazlehead Park with running friend today. Sunny, but very cold. We are thinking about possibilities of getting a parkrun started in Aberdeen (which would be ACE) although there are a few hitches. Hazlehead would definitely be my preferred location, though, as there are miles of trails over a variety of terrain, a few up and down inclines but nothing too terrifying, and it's widely used by runners. In fact we saw lots today, including a bunch of unenthusiastic looking teenagers who looked like they were on a PE lesson and didn't think much of it.

I usually run on my own but it's nice to have company for once and not have to think about how fast I'm going. We did just over 5 miles at a pretty (well, very) slow pace, but it was fine. And Maggiee will no doubt be relieved to hear that we saw NO SQUIRRELS. Not a single one.

The campaign is working!



Day 20 stats:

Distance: 5.15 miles
Time: 58:20
Average pace: 11:18

Total Janathon miles so far: 82.77

5 comments:

  1. its nice to have company on a run sometimes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice distance - and good news about the squirrels (or lack of!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss running with a chum! Its just me and my ipod. Well done on the run and a nice distance and pace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am relieved... oh good... I am starting to worry for everyone now... so a little reassurance is always good! It is nice running with a friend too, although mine's currently getting faster than me... however, I'm working on that one! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It can be good having someone to run with - especially on those days when you can't be really be arsed as you drag each other out then! :-)

    ReplyDelete