Monday 3 June 2013

Juneathon Day 3: Here comes the sun

Well, today, anyway.

Just a 3 mile recovery streak-saver today, squeezed in between finishing work, going to Sainsbury's and picking the little one up from school. It's a bit warm. I'm not complaining. I think I need to get some sort of moisturiser with sunscreen in it, though. Also, I have one of those runner's tans on the back of my legs that starts at my knee and stops at my ankle. We runners are easy to spot.

I felt a lot better than I usually do, yesterday and today, after a longish run yesterday. Dunno if that was down to the For Goodness Shake that I drank as per yesterday's blog, but I've bought some more anyway while the half price offer is on. (Half price is only on the chocolate flavour. Not a problem.) No aches and pains today and none yesterday even after scrambling over slippery rocks and fishing my phone out of rock pools. And none of the sick/dizzy feeling which plagued me after marathon-training long runs last time round. Let's see how it goes when the long runs get longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment