Saturday 1 June 2013

Juneathon Day 1: Basically, RUN!

I'd forgotten about Juneathon till somebody mentioned it at parkrun this morning, then I hmm'ed and ha'ed a bit and thought oh, what the hell. I'll give it a go. I've done month-long streak-a-thons a couple of times before and it's been a positive experience. My running needs a hefty kick up the backside at the moment so maybe this will provide it.

Off the starting blocks with parkrun this morning. My parkruns have not been great recently. My PB is eighteen months old and I am nowhere near it. 27:36 today on a warmish day down at the beach - nearly three minutes away from my PB and a minute slower than my year's best time which I set last month. I'd really like to get the parkrun time down a bit. I've been doing intervals and everything. But I just don't seem to get any quicker.

This morning's parkrun was enlivened by a bunch of people in fancy dress (not runners) who were walking up the prom in a big group for reasons as yet unexplained.

Anyway today's scores on the doors: 5 miles exactly (parkrun plus warm up and cool down, not planned as 5 miles exactly but that's what it added up to!).

No comments:

Post a Comment