Wednesday 29 December 2010

Goals for 2011

I don't know how realistic these goals are, but you’ve got to have a target in mind, right? :-) I got PBs across the board in 2010 (not that difficult since it was the first time I'd done some, OK most, distances) so it would be lovely to do the same in 2011.

So here are mine for 2011:

* Sub-55 10k (current PB 57:43. I’m not sure how plausible this one is, to be honest.)
* Sub-2:05 half (current PB 2:10:20 - I would love to say sub-2 hours but I think that may be beyond my reach at the moment)
* Sub-4:45 marathon (current PB 4:55:07 - I think this is definitely doable… I hope. The 4:55 – set at Loch Ness in October, which was my first marathon – is a bit of a soft PB, I think. Hopefully I can reduce it at Edinburgh in May. As long as it’s not too hot, as it apparently has been in previous years. I'd much, much rather run in the freezing cold than in the heat.)
* Lose about half a stone in weight in addition to what I’ve already lost – around 4-5lb so far. (I think this is achievable. My eating habits are definitely changing, although my weight seems to have stalled for the moment. And I know this isn’t exactly a running goal, but it’s related. )
* Complete 1000 miles in 2011 (Currently on 852 for 2010. 1000 in 2011 should be doable, all being well.)
*Increase my cross-training. (That would be "increase" from the "next to nothing" which is currently my cross-training. I am very bad indeed at cross-training. I'm a crap swimmer and I don't have a bike, but I do have access to a gym, so I really should start making better use of it than just running on the treadmill when it's too snowy and icy outside.)

To be reviewed...

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with all these goals. Your times are quite similar to mine so I'll be following with interest.

    ReplyDelete