Wednesday 31 March 2010

"Running is the greatest metaphor for life, because you get out of it what you put into it."

Hello, and welcome to my new blog, where I’m going to be – hopefully – blogging my running: training, races and doubtless various random stuff.

I’ve been running regularly for about a year. I’m not good at it. I’m not fast. Nevertheless I am astounded by how far – literally and metaphorically – I have already come after 40 years as a complete non-runner, not to mention how far I still have to go.

This year, "the big one" for which I will be preparing is the Loch Ness Marathon in October 2010, which I will be running for Marie Curie Cancer Care. I’m simultaneously wildly excited and completely horrified by the prospect of running 26.2 miles in just over six months’ time. In the meantime I have a couple of 10k’s coming up, the Stonehaven Half Marathon in July, and lots and lots and lots of training.

Seriously, I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment